We will guide you how to proceed with hospitalization.
Departments and Duties
A table showing internal departments and duties for hospitalization and discharge
|Department in Charge
||Department and Phone Number
Hospitalization Reservation & Admission Procedures
|Admission Procedures Window on the 1st Floor of the Main Building
||Discharge Procedure 82-32-621-5552 ~ 3
||Main Building 1F Window ⑥
||National Health Insurance 82-32) 621-5562~3
||Main Building B1 Administration Team Office
|Auto insurance, industrial accident insurance
|| Auto Insurance 82-32-621-5561
Workers' Compensation Insurance 82-32-621-5559
|Main Building 1F
|Issuance of copy of medical record
||Main Building 1F
After outpatient treatment, the doctor in charge decides inpatient treatment, and the patient or guardian can apply or make an appointment at the Admissions Office, Window ⑤.
- After outpatient treatment, the doctor in charge decides inpatient treatment, and the patient or guardian can apply or make an appointment at the window of the Admissions Office.
- The Admissions Team will guide you through the hospitalization agreement and the precautions for the admission procedure.
- We will contact you only between 09:00 and 12:00 if you are unable to be admitted. If there is no special contact, you can be admitted, so please visit the main entrance on the 1st floor of the main building between 14:00 and 18:00.
- Documents required for the procedure: Health insurance card, hospitalization agreement with guarantor's pledge, patient's ID
- Other preparations: personal hygiene tools, guardian bedding, etc.
- After completing the hospitalization process, the patient and guardian will receive the admission record and go to the assigned ward. Then the nurse in charge will guide you to your room.
- If a hospital room is secured due to discharge, the inpatient first transfers to the multi-person room, and then assigns the desired room in the order of 6>5>4>3>2>1 room in the remaining rooms, so the ‘desired room’ may be different from the ‘assigned room’
Medical Fee Interim Calculation
Medical Fee Interim Calculation
An SMS will be sent to your registered mobile phone number every Wednesday from 2pm to 4pm during your stay.
Please make an interim payment from the discharge procedure on the 1st floor of the main building within 2 days after receiving the SMS.
If you have any questions, please contact the financial team. (82-32-621-5562~3)
Shinhan Bank 851-01-000018 Account holder: Soon Chun Hyang University Bucheon Hospital (After payment, please call 82-32-621-5552~3 to make an interim payment.)
- Regular discharge is usually made the day before you leave.
- You will be notified by your nurse on the day of your discharge.
- When you receive the discharge guide, you can pay the medical expenses at the Discharge Procedures Window on the 1st floor of the main building.
- Please submit the discharge certificate on the receipt of medical expenses to the ward Nurses ’Station and receive the discharge medication and post-discharge notice.
Medical fee unreviewed discharge (temporary discharge)
- If you leave the hospital outside of normal working hours or on holidays, you will not be able to calculate your medical bills correctly, so please pay the estimated medical fee before discharged.
- When the examination is completed, we will inform you by SMS (text service) through the number about the settlement .In the case of settlement, please bring the receipt of medical fee and re-payment card issued at the time of discharge at the Discharge Window of the Administration Team on Floor 1 of the main building.
- Ambulance operation fees must be paid for by the user.
- Inquiries and costs can be directed to the Emergency Department Administration Team.
Proper coughing manner and hand hygiene